A country steeped in drama and excitement from its craggy coastline to lush interior, a country that has survived wars, invasions and colonisation with grace, grit and good humour; a country which embraces the future and yet never forgets its past. It is a nation of colours, from the vivid green of the rice terraces to the white sand of the beaches and the deep turquoise of the sea which edges it. It has much to flaunt from temples and pagodas to scenery.
- Explore the busy, bustling, historical Old Quarter in Hanoi.
- Cruise amongst the towering limestone cliffs and traditional Vietnamese floating villages of Halong Bay.
- Trek amongst the rural rice terraces of Sapa.
- Learn about the deep history of the Cu Chi tunnels used during the Vietnam War
- Enjoy a cycle tour around mystifying My son temple
- Venture deep in to the caves of Hang Son Doong
- Cruise down the Mekong Delta and visit some floating markets
- Learn how to make a lantern at a workshop in the UNESCO awarded town of Hoi An
- Try your hand at Vietnamese cookery
- Visit magnificent Truc Lam Pagoda in the beach resort of Da Lat
North Vietnam: November to April sees the cooler drier weather, and May to October the heat and rains.
Central Coast: Wet season is from late September to December. With a long dry season from January to early September.
South Vietnam: The wet season is May to October. November to April are the best times to travel.
Central Highlands: Similar to the south, but with cooler temperatures.
Best time to go
There really is no best or worst time to visit Vietnam as it totally depends on where you are visiting. However, the official peak season is from September to April.
- Capital – Hanoi
- Currency – Dong
- Point of Entry – Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City
- Airlines – Vietnam Airlines
- Flying Time – 11 hrs 35 mins
- Time Zone – GMT + 6 hrs
- Visa – Required-must be obtained in advance
- Have a minimum of 3 days in Hoi An as this will give you enough time to get a new tailor-made suit or dress made from scratch!
- Take lots of $1 USD, the locals love them as tips
- National Dish - When visiting you must try Pho.
- Restaurant the Locals Love - Banh Cuon Viet where you can get Vietnamese steamed rice rolls cooked in front of you. If you’re brave, you can try to make one yourself.
- Meal Worth The Splurge - Dinner at the historic Sofitel Metropole hotel. Or at Maison 1888 in the Intercontinental Danang Hotel.
- Don’t Forget - To bargain is an essential part of life in Vietnam so give it a try.
- Don’t Miss - A city tour by motorbike.
- Hidden Gem - The caves in Halong Bay for outstanding beauty.
- Things to do to see Local Life - Visit the Cu Chi tunnels with an ex war veteran or visit the country side to see the farming communities.
- Perfect Souvenir - Lacquerer or tailored clothes made to measure.
From $2,878.00 per person based on two people sharing [Guide Price*]
Duration: 12 days
Vietnam is a country steeped in drama and excitement from its craggy coastline to lush interior, a country that has survived wars, invasions and colonisation with grace, grit and good humour; a country which embraces the future and yet never forgets its past. It is a nation of colours, from the viv…)
Culinary Delights of Vietnam
From $4,157.94 per person based on two people sharing [Guide Price*]
Duration: 13 days
Vietnamese cuisine is regarded as one of the world's best, but few realise the variations that are found in the different regions of this vibrant country. Just like the country's geographical divisions, the food can also be separated into South, Central, and Northern style. The experts at C…)
Mekong Cruise Adventure
From $4,350.00 per person based on two people sharing [Guide Price*]
Duration: 14 days
The main highlight of this itinerary is the 7 day cruise along the Mekong between Siem Reap in Cambodia and Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam. Once the seat of the ancient Khmer Empire, Cambodia is home to a myriad of temples, relics from bygone eras and a colourful culture. These highlights are compleme…)
Vietnam & Cambodia Highlights
From $5,725.00 per person based on two adults sharing
Duration: 16 days
From the bustling Vietnamese cities, markets and countryside to the ancient relics and temples of Cambodia, there's much to see and discover on a holiday to Vietnam and Cambodia. Easily combined, the two countries offer stunning sights, a vibrant culture and delicious cuisine amidst fun a…)
Vietnam Beaches & Culture
From $4,686.10 per person based on per person sharing
Duration: 15 days
This itinerary aims to take you through all the highlights of Vietnam with a focus on its beaches and cultural sites in 15 nights. It aims to do so by using the best hotels, local guides and experiences. It will be a truly unforgettable trip for anyone’s first visit to Vietnam or for someone …)
Vietnam Wellness and Culture
From $3,054.94 per person based on Sharing
Duration: 13 days
This exclusive itinerary allows you to combine a revitalising break at one of Asia’s finest wellness retreats with a city break in the heart of Hanoi. Luxuriate in the twice-daily treatments and classes that are included with your stay at award-winning Fusion Resort Phu Quoc, before transferr…)