Apart from magical mountains and rice terraces designated one of the natural wonders of the world, there are some of the best beaches on earth in the Philippines. Add to that magnificent scuba diving, swimming with whale sharks and mixing with the friendliest locals on the planet - for an ideal holiday.
- In Manila visit the Raffles Hotel Long Bar for a cocktail
- Surfing and diving are a must with many reefs to explore
- Go off the beaten track to the secluded island of Palawan
- Watch baby turtles hatch in Amanpulo
- Venture to the beautiful island of Marinduque
- Visit the active volcano known as Mount Mayon
- Spot a tarsier in the South-eastern islands
- Explore the rice terraces of Banaue
- Explore the historic city of Manila
- Relax on the golden sandy beaches of Boracay
Summer: March to May is the hottest season, with temperatures rising to 37°C.
Summer Monsoon: May to October brings heavy rains and temperatures ranging from 23°C to of 33°C.
Winter Monsoon: December to February brings slightly cooler, drier air temperatures averaging 28°C.
The main variation is on the east coast where it is dry when the rest of the country is at its wettest and vice versa.
Best time to go
The best time to visit is between December and May when it is warm and dry - but this is also peak holiday season.
- Capital – Manila
- Currency – Philippine Peso
- Point of Entry – Manila
- Airlines – Cathay Pacific, Singapore Airlines, Thai Airways
- Flying Time – 14 hrs 25 mins
- Time Zone – GMT + 7 hrs
- Visa – Not required
- Obtain a small supply of low value P20 and P50 notes, as these are invaluable for tips and taxis.