Aqua Mekong Cruise Boat
The Aqua Mekong is a boutique, luxury hotel on water. It measures 205 feet in length and has twenty cabins which accommodates forty people. The boat spends it’s time cruising between Siem Reap in Cambodia, famous as the gateway town to Angkor Wat and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. This voyage lasts seven days. Shorter cruises are offered between Siem Reap and Phnom Penh, as well as Phnom Penh and Ho Chi Minh City.
- Exploring the myriad of waterways gives a unique perspective of the many sights and sounds of Cambodia & Vietnam
- Day excursions allow you to explore the jungles, villages and land based activities
- The Aqua Mekong really does deliver on its five star promise. The boats executive chef David Thompson has been voted Asia’s top chef and the food his team prepares is worth the trip alone.
LocationMekong River, Cambodia
Best time to go
Although Cambodia can be visited year round, the best time to visit is in the cooler dry season, from November to June.
A cruise offers a completely different way to see Cambodia and southern Vietnam. Both countries rely heavily on their waterways and you’ll leave your cruise on board the Aqua Mekong feeling a real love and understanding for these magical places. Whilst cruising on the Mekong’s tranquil waters you’ll see some amazing vistas and experience what both countries are really about. You’ll do all this in complete luxury, the Aqua Mekong has as many staff as guests, so your every whim will be catered for. You’ll also have the chance to visit iconic sights such as Angkor Wat, the Killing Fields and the Mekong Delta.
- Outdoor pool
- Games room
- Indoor and outdoor lounges
- Observation deck
On board chefs shop at local riverside markets, often with the guests, for the day’s freshest ingredients, from catfish to river prawns, and organic local produce. Coconut, lemongrass, coriander, turmeric are just a few of the most recognizable flavours guests can expect on David Thompson’s ever changing, inventive menus that always remain authentic to their fertile surroundings.
Suites – The Aqua Mekong offers 20 suites, all 30 square metres in size with floor-to-ceiling windows. The rooms are all well appointed and constructed with local materials. All have well-appointed bathrooms. Eight suites have private balconies and there are interconnecting suites at the front and rear of the boat which are perfect for families.
- Cycle along the Mekong’s riverbank
- Trek into the jungle
- Explore the Mekong’s tributaries with a private guide