For a small country, Jordan packs an impressive punch in terms of history, culture and scenery, and the proximity of its key sights makes a holiday to Jordan ideal for the time-pressed traveller. Foremost among these sights are Petra, the fabled ‘rose-red city', half as old as time and the inspiring desert landscapes of Wadi Rum.
- Marvel at the two thousand-year-old Nabataean city of Petra
- Spend the night in the atmospheric surroundings of a private Bedouin camp
- Relax and float upon the Dead Sea
- Visit Madaba, home to the remarkable two-million-piece, 6th century mosaic map of the Holy Land
- View the inspiring desert landscapes of Wadi Rum
Winter: December to March are humid and can be cold with the chance of snow depending on where you are. Temperatures average 13°C. The country is predominantly desert, with the west of the country receiving more rainfall.
Spring: March to June sees more pleasant temperatures, averaging 22°C with some chance of rain, but plentiful sunshine.
Summer: July and August are the hottest and driest months, seeing average temperatures of 36°C.
Autumn: September to December has high, but bearable temperatures, averaging 25°C with some humidity.
Best time to go
Spring and autumn are the most pleasant times to visit with clear, sunny days and moderate temperatures.
- Capital – Amman
- Currency – Jordanian dinar
- Point of Entry – Amman
- Airlines – British Airways, Royal Jordanian, Air France, Emirates, Etihad
- Flying Time – 5 hrs
- Time Zone – GMT +2 hrs
- Visa – Required, can be obtained on arrival
- View Petra after dark by candle light for a truly atmospheric experience.
Highlights of Jordan
From £2,499.00 per person based on 2 people sharing a room
Duration: 12 days
On this itinerary you will journey throughout Jordan’s past and present, taking in all the different sights and places of historical, religious, and cultural significance. You will get to enjoy a city tour of Amman, a safari jeep ride through the dramatic desert scenery of Wadi Rum, a visit t…)
Snapshot Tour of Jordan
From £1,889.00 per person based on 2 people sharing a room
Duration: 9 days
On this itinerary you will have the chance to explore Jordan and the many wonderful cultural, historical, and religious sites that it is home to. Tour the capital, admire the spectacular sandstone city of Petra, journey through Wadi Rum, and float in the Dead Sea. Jordan is a country that affords s…)